Sunday, August 20, 2006

Inappropriate Laughter

Went to see 'The Breakup' starring Vince Vaughn & Jennifer Aniston last night. It was Mrs Kong's choice & it was probably the only 'chick flick' on last night.

Surprisingly, I really enjoyed it. I've liked Vince Vaughn since watching his debut in 'Swingers' many years ago and he is still hilarious.

I was laughing all the way through but when I glanced over Mrs Kong had a really pained, uncomfortable look on her face. She did not enjoy it as much as she really disliked the character Vince Vaughn played, which to be honest was a jerk... but a funny one...

Anyway, its an ok film for a Friday night. Thought Vince Vaughn & supporting cast were good, Jennifer Aniston so-so. But be prepared for some uncomfortable breakup dramatics though.

There was one particular scene where they fight & she accuses him of not buying her any flowers & he goes "But when we first started going out, you told me you didn't like flowers... that they were a waste of money..." (lame I know) and she goes "All girls like flowers!" At that moment, all the guys in the audience (including me) laughed knowingly... hahaha! He should really know better...

Reminds me of the time when I watched 'Bridget Jones' Diary' when we were still Mr Kong + Ms Ho. We went with Mrs Kong's friends - about 5-6 women & I think I was the only guy there.

There was one particular scene where Bridget Jones complains about all the assholes she's gone out with, listing them out by type (this from the script: alcoholics, workaholics, commitment-phobics, peeping toms, megalomaniacs, emotional fuckwits or perverts...)

I thought it was hilarious & laughed out loud, only to realise I was the only one in the group laughing. All the other women had a look on their faces that clearly showed that they were reliving the rubbish men they had gone out with, in sympathy with Ms Jones.

Wow, their faces were quite black & I think I was lucky to escape with my life for the 'inappropriate laughter'...

No comments: