Friday, May 25, 2007

Obsession with food

An Uncle (who I shall not name today), recently commented he thought a little less of his life now as all he thinks about is food, cooking and food. This made me wonder about my own circumstance somewhat because this is precisely the turn my life has taken in the past 12 months.

All I can think about these days is what I will cook, bake or eat. Needless to say I am happiest either holding a rubber cooking spatula in my hand or surfing the net for cook books/ books on cakes. I spend most of my money on cook books, and look forward to the days when I will have my own kitchen again - to cook and bake up a storm!

Is it really so bad then to be obsessed with food?

The happiest people I know love their food. People who love their food also seem happy to me. The loveliest people I have known either love cooking or feeding their loved ones.
Good food brings people together; great conversations and ideas are exchanged over fantastic meals!

Personally, I am pleased I have found this new obsession. Everyone else around me will just have to get fat eating what I plan to cook and bake!

Mrs Kong

No comments: